dinsdag 6 maart 2012

Ginnifer Goodwin - OUAT (Fashion)

I would like to dedicate my first fashion-post to Ginnifer Goodwin/Snow White/Mary Margaret Blanchard. I love Once Upon A Time, it's actually one of my favorite TV shows.
What I wanted to do is analyze the outfits she wears on the show and find clothes similar to those outfits so that you can look just like her. These are the looks I chose to analyze:



























What Ginnifer had to say about her clothes on the show was "I feel like we walk this fine line of trying to bring in something timeless (...) but we also need to keep her from having a real sense of style, because that would imply a real sense of self and that's something that separates Mary Margaret from Snow White." and I think she is totally right. As you can see the clothes she wears as Snow White show that she has so much more confidence than sweet looking Mary Margaret. I am not saying Mary Margaret's clothes are not a great choice, because I would totally wear it, but it doesn't give that emancipated look you can see so clearly in the second picture.

Mary Margaret:
I tried to find clothes that were obviously inspired by the picture, but you don't have to wear exactly as in the picture. You can wear any piece with anything you can imagine. I am just showing you whatever reminded me of that picture.





H&M
19.95 4.95
This top reminded me of the one in the picture, but I think you can wear this one better with light blue jeans and sweet beige ballerina's or something like that.







H&M
39.95 12.95
I think this is the original skirt. I really like it, because it's cute and comfy. A lot of girls these days wear skirts that are way too short. This gives you a lot more self-asteem, not only because it's a little longer, but also because it actually looks really nice.



Dorothy Perkins
$11.00
These don't look at all like the belt in the picture, but they totally reminded me of Mary Margaret. The little bows, the colors... It's just perfect!




Dorothy Perkins
$39.00
Black Mary Janes are the perfect shoes for Mary Margaret. These aren't the exact ones you have to buy, but I chose these, because they verify the way Ginnifer looks at Mary Margaret's clothing style. They are really cute, but they don't show a lot of self-asteem. I really like them, though.




Mi Lajki
$9.00
I decided to put a little accessory in it too, even though you can't see any in the picture. I chose this double ring, because it reminded me of the pilot, when she showed that blue bird to her class. I also think it represents Snow White and Prince Charming and their undeniable attraction.



Snow White:
Snow White is more of a tough girl. That's why I chose this picture instead of one of her in a gown. I tried to find stuff that show a lot of self-asteem and show you are an emancipated rebel.

H&M
24.95 9.95
A lot of people walk past these sort of things, because they are afraid they won't look feminine enough. Well, I can tell you, you will look H-O-T in this gilet if you wear it the right way. One simple belt around your waist will make your curves come out beautifully. Wear some nice dark-colored leggings or pants with it and a pair of riding boots to top it off. It will gave you a great boost of self-asteem, trust me.








ASOS
$62.67
These are exactly the kind of pants I was looking for. They give this tough girl-vibe with the almost-black-but-not-quite-look and a couple of scrapes here and there.






 Jane Norman
$29.00
This totally reminded me of the look I'm trying to create. I like the pin, I have no idea why, but it just looks tough or something. I just like it :)


Dorothy Perkins
Black: $175.00 $89.00
Brown: $119.00 $35.00
I think these boots are exactly what Snow White should wear. They look sexy, but are also very comfy. And they're great for running away to the forest :p








Urban Outfitters
$39.00
Fanny packs are usually a big DON'T, but I actually like this one. And it totally suits the look I am trying to create.









The Sportsman's Guide
$17,97
If you really don't like fanny packs, I have a great alternative: canvas rucksacks. They come in all shapes and sizes and are very comfy.


So, that's my perspective on Ginnifer Goodwin's style on OUAT. I hope you found it helpful.
Have fun shopping!
Love,
Joleine.

1 opmerking:

  1. Hey, do you know is H&M still selling those kind of blue skirts? Or any other shop.. I really love that and i want something like that..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen